WORSHIP & COMMUNITY
We are committed to providing a Bible based worship service each time our doors are open.
At West Thonotosassa Baptist Church our members are our family and yours.
9:45 am Bible Study
10:45 am Worship
5:30 pm Choir Practice
6:30 pm Worship
6:15 pm Teen/Team Kids
6:30 pm Prayer Meeting
10:00 am Visitation
We are a body of Christ gathered to worship our Living God. May we come together today with resolve to give our best gifts to GOD as we join in each act of worship.
Friends and Neighbors
At WTBC, we are an accepting congregation. We accept each other, and we welcome guests among us. If you are a guest in our church, we appreciate your choice to worship with us.
We would love to invite all 6th - 12th grade students in the community. Join us and see what is new and get involved in a positive environment that is structured on the Bible to help students deal with today's issues and remain strong in faith, knowing that God is in control
We are currently planning a youth camp for the teens to attend in the summer of 2020. Fund raising activities are being planned to earn money to off-set the cost for our teens to attend. Watch our calendar for these events, then come out to support our teens. ;)
The following was taken from an article from Christiantoday.com and I thought it was worth sharing:
"Ten Things Every Church Member Should Know"
1. The gospel is a matter of life and death. The Christian faith is not a hobby, or an interesting philosophy. Jesus let us know it is about eternity after death either with God or without Him.
2. The gospel is about repentance and faith. It is not about being nice, or even (primarily) about doing good works. It is about recognizing our own failings and need for a Savior.
3. Jesus is supposed to change everything. Jesus is Lord, which means boss. Following Him should effect everything in our lives. "Deny yourself take up your cross and follow Him."
4. Church is not something we "attend" if we are able to. If members (or parts of the Body of Christ) are routinely missing, it's like a physical body having some of its limbs going AWOL on a random basis.
5. Our beliefs about the Bible are shaped by Jesus. If Jesus is our Lord, our attitude to the Scriptures should be the same as His.
6. The Holy Spirit is a person not a thing. He is the "Spirit of Jesus" (Acts 16:7). Jesus speaks of Him in personal terms. That is why we do not call the Holy Spirit an "it."
7. God's main plan for your life is not our happiness but our holiness. God's will, first and foremost to re-make us and re-shape us in the character of Christ.
8. Suffering and perplexity are normal. Even Jesus was somehow mysteriously made "perfect through suffering." Hardship is par for the course.
9. Christian growth is essential. Growing in Christ takes work on our part. It is not automatic. Pray, Read, and Be Faithful.
10. Church ministers are not here to tell you their own opinions. Ministers are sent to teach you the "whole counsel of God." The hard lessons and the easier ones.
Wednesday nights ~ Worship service 6:30pm Come join us
Sunday mornings and nights ~ 9:45am Sunday School
10:40am Worship Service
6:30pm Worship Service
Come join us, we would love to have you!
Saturday 20th ~ Church Thanksgiving Meal 4p (sign up sheet on bulletin)
Sunday 21st ~ Business Meeting 7:30p
Wednesday 24th ~ No Church Service this night
Thursday 25th ~ Thanksgiving Day ~ Have a blessed day!
Saturday 27th ~ Decorations for Christmas go up - Thank God for our Savior's Birth! and a Church work day 9am
Sunday 28th ~ Angel Tree names go on the tree
Sundays and Wednesdays ~ Worship Service come join us we would love to see you
Wednesday 1st ~ Food Pantry Open 10a - 12n
Sunday 12th ~ Angel Tree gifts due
Saturday 18th ~ Adult Christmas Party/Gift Exchange & Meal 4pm
($10 limit for gift exchange)
Sunday 19th ~ Angel Tree gifts for children distributed after am service
No PM worship service
Wednesday 22nd ~ No evening worship service
Friday 24th ~ Christmas Eve Candle Light Service 6:30p
Philippians 2:4 "Everyone should look out not for his own interests, but also for the interests of others."
Psalm 113:3 "From the rising of the sun, to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised."
1 Peter 2:2 ""Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation."
John 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."
Proverbs 20:27 "The Lord's lamp sheds light on a person's life, searching the innermost parts."
It takes God to make life whole. Learn to appreciate the bad with the good, because God uses all situations to bless us beyond measure. Life is not always going to be easy, but always know that God is in control and His plan and His timing is always right. Trust God, read His Word, and listen for His still small voice to calm all things and make life complete.
It takes 3 to make your marriage whole. Christ should always be in the beginning and throughout a marriage to have the quality of love and compassion that should be mixed into a marriage.
We have a van route that will pick members up on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings. The van leaves the church at 9am on Sunday and 5:30pm on Wednesday. If you need a ride to church, please contact the church so we can make sure the drivers know to pick you up.
Wednesday night study
Come join our study at 6:30pm, you will be blessed.
"We weren't meant to sit in a museum, to exclusively draw stares from those who admire our craftsmanship. We were crafted, created, and formed to do good works." Max Lucado
Children's Church is growing, every Sunday morning during the worship hour. The children K-4th grade go into the education building during our morning service and have fun things to do that will elaborate on the message given by Pastor Jerry. Crafts, movies, and games will be other activities that they will do.